Totally Consecrated to HIM
“Be holy, for I am holy 1 Pet.1:6
““then Mary …… anointed the feet of Jesus…” John 12:3
Holiness of God
Angels shroud their very beings from the awesome Presence…of the Image…
– of the Reflection…
– - of the Glory
– - – of His Holiness… as they whisper in harmonious unison :-
Holy, Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty
– Who was and Who is and Who is to come,
– - Heaven and earth are full of Thy Glory.
HOLINESS – unto the Lord.
HOLINESS – the very essence of the nature of God.
But WHY are we – we who are formed in His very image …
– why are we encouraged and commanded in the written Word to be holy ?
The Need to be Holy
And why are we instructed by the sweet and quiet yearnings of the Holy Spirit …
– deep in our heart to be HOLY
– to be set apart and consecrated to HIM ?
because HE first loved us…..
– - because He FIRST Loved us…..
– - – because He First LOVED us…..
– - – - because He First Loved US…..
What an act of devotion and total consecration -
– to sit and to worship and to anoint His feet, as did Mary of Bethany.
The gracious Spirit of Holiness gently leads the seeking, consecrated
soul though the gentle yet agonizing process of being conformed into
the very image of the Son of Righteousness -
– a life process that leads to a bitter a sweet isolation
– that leads to a total immersion in the heart of The Beloved.
This increasingly blessed state not only demands separation …
– separation from the clamors of the world….
– separation from the taunting enticement of fleshly lusts,
- a life dedicated to HIM,
- a life submitted completely to Him and His will,
- a life of total consecration to Him.
- a life that produces purity or heart and holiness of life,
- a life, utterly in love with the Son of His love,
- a life that kneels at His feet in brokenness of spirit.
- a life that washes His feet in humility of heart,
- a life that can say without reservation say – ‘take MY life…….”
The Consecrated Life
Take my LIFE, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord to Thee;
Take my MOMENTS and my DAYS,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my HANDS, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my FEET, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my VOICE, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my LIPS, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my SILVER and my GOLD,
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my INTELLECT and use
Every power as Thou shall choose.
Take my WILL, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my HEART, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my LOVE; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure store.
Take MYSELF, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.
- Listen to the Audio:
- Download the Audio:
Totally Consecrated to HIM